The electronic components in the CompM4 strengthen upon Aimpoint s existing stateof- the-art ACET diode circuitry, allowing this new sight to run constantly for over 8 years on a single AA battery. The CompM4 features an internal voltage regulator that allows the sight to operate on any AA size battery to be had world wide. Perfect to be used with Aimpoint s 3XMagnifier scope module. The CompM4 is optimized to be used with all generations of night vision devices, and features an extremely rugged and easy to use 16-position manual switch with 7 night vision compatible settings and 9 daylight settings. The CompM4 sight body is designed to give protection to both the optics and adjustment components against hard use, and is waterproof to 45 meters (150 feet). The CompM4 also features an improved QRP2 Picatinny rail mount, getting rid of the need for a separate mounting ring. Eye relief Unlimited – Reticle, size 2 MOA – Optical coating Anti Reflex coating all surfaces. ELECTRONIC DATA – Battery Type AA – Battery Life, typical** 80 000 hours for good quality battery – Switch, dot brightness 16 positions, 7 NVD, 9 daylight, of which 1 Extra bright MECHANICAL DATA – Material housing: Extruded high strength aluminium – Surface finish Hard anodized, matte, black – Material lens covers Rubber, matte, black – Adjustment 1 click = 16 mm at 100 meters = 1/2″ at 80 yds – Mounting Keyed surface Patent pending mount keyed to the sight body to take in recoil DIMENSIONS – Length 120 mm (4.7″) – Width/height 53×60 mm (2.1″x2.4″) sight only – 72×72 mm (2.8″x2.8″) including mount – Ring width none – Weight 265 g (9.3 oz) sight only – 335 g (11.8 oz) with integrated mount ENVIRONMENTAL DATA – Temperature Range -45°C to +71°C (-50°F to 160°F) – Water resistance 45 m (150ft)
This professional-grade sight is regularly used by law enforcement officers, soldiers, and those who demand the most from their weaponry.
The Aimpoint CompM4 sight is a part of the company’s highest-end series of sights, and features improved energy efficiency, a high battery compartment, and an internal voltage regulator that allows the sight to operate on any AA size battery. Ideal to be used with Aimpoint’s 3X magnifier scope module, the CompM4 is optimized to be used with all generations of night vision devices. The sight boasts a rugged, easy-to-use 16-position manual switch with seven night vision compatible settings and nine daylight settings. Its body is designed to give protection to both the optics and adjustment components against hard use, and is waterproof to 150 feet. An improved QRP2 Picatinny rail mount eliminates the need for a separate mounting ring.
Next Generation Design Improvements
- Ready-to-mount: The CompM4 sight is shipped complete with a QRP2 mount and standard AR15 spacer, in addition to a killFlash anti-reflection device and MILSPEC rubber lens covers.
- Integral Mount: An integral mount eliminates the need for a separate ring, and will also be customized with vertical and forward spacers to fit plenty of weapon systems.
- Designed for Third-generation Night Vision: The CompM4 sight can be utilized with all generations of night vision devices (NVDs), but is optimized for third generation night vision technology.
- Clear, Bright Image: Unique coating on the front lens reflects the dot’s selected frequency of red light at near 100% efficiency to give the highest conceivable dot brightness with the least amount of energy even as other wavelengths in the visible and near-infrared A part of the spectrum pass with no less than reduction.
- Parallax-free with unlimited field of view and eye relief
- Rugged, durable construction, unaffected by extreme conditions
- No harmful laser emissions
- Mechanical switch for speed and reliability
- Compatible with each and every generation of Aimpoint night vision device
- Internal voltage regulator allows unit to be used with any AA size battery
- QRP2 mount has twice the clamping force of original QRP, and wider, shorter mounting knob to strengthen operation and lower risk of snagging
- Mount base is keyed into body of the sight to take in recoil, and screws directly into sight; no separate sight ring required
- Front lens opening is threaded for addition of killFlash anti-reflective device
- Vertical spacer included
- Type classified as the U.S. Army’s new M68CCO
- Improved adjustment caps are easier to take away and secure against affect
- Can be used with a carry maintain adapter to be used on all M16 rifles
- LED light source
- 650nm red light
- Night vision compatible
- Anti-reflex coating on all surfaces and multi-layer coating objective lens
- 1X magnification
- Runs on one AA battery (type CR2032)
- Approximately 80,000 hours of battery life, or eight years of continuous use
- 500,000 hours of use on NVD setting
- Manual rotary switch dot intensity adjustment
- Nine DL daylight settings
- Seven night vision settings
- High strength extruded aluminum housing
- Hard anodized matte finish
- One-click adjustment; 0.5-inch at 80 yards
- Integrated QRP2 quick release mounting
- -50 to 160 degrees Fahrenheit operating temperature range
- Submersible to 150 feet
- Sight measures 2.1 by 2.4 by 4.7 inches (W x H x D)
- Measures 2.8 by 2.8 by 4.7 inches (W x H x D) with mount
- Sight weighs 9.3 ounces
- Weighs 11.8 ounces with integrated mount
Aimpoint products include limited manufacturer’s warranties of two years for professional or competitive use, and ten years for personal or recreational use.
In 1974, a small group of Swedish entrepreneurs started exploring how you can strengthen shooting accuracy, with the deceptively simple goal of creating a sighting technology that would allow shooters to acquire their target quickly, and hit moving targets in all weather and lighting conditions consistently and appropriately. The results of their efforts, the now ubiquitous red dot sight, would eventually revolutionize the shooting and hunting industry.
The company’s first commercial sight product, the Aimpoint Electronic, used to be introduced in 1975, and quickly developed a reputation as some of the fastest way to aim a firearm. The Aimpoint red dot sight has continued to evolve during the last 35 years by working closely with experienced hunters, marksmen and military weapon experts, and there are a couple of million Aimpoint red dot sights in use world wide today.
A part of Aimpoint’s highest-end series, sight features improved energy efficiency, high battery compartment, and internal voltage regulator that allows operation on any AA battery
Integral mount eliminates need for separate ring, and will also be customized with vertical and forward spacers to fit variety of weapon systems
Unique coating on front lens reflects dot’s selected frequency of red light at near 100% efficiency to give highest conceivable dot brightness with least amount of energy
Shipped with QRP2 mount and standard AR15 spacer, and killFlash anti-reflection device and MILSPEC rubber lens covers
Includes limited manufacturer’s warranties of two years for professional or competitive use, and ten years for personal or recreational use